May 8, 2020
This document serves as NORA’s COVID-19 risk mitigation & operations plan. It is presented to the Ulster County Executive’s office and Ulster County Office of Economic Development for consideration to allow NORA to reopen for business.
Northeast Off Road Adventures, Inc (NORA) established in 2011, operates an off-road driving & professional services facility on a 75 acre private property in Ellenville, NY. NORA offers public & private training in addition to programs for people with mobility disabilities. All participants must be pre-registered and most arrive in their own street legal 4×4 vehicles (i.e. Jeep, Land Rover, Mercedes G-Wagon). NORA offers rental Jeeps. NORA clients include U.S. Govt staff, emergency services, utility companies (i.e. Central Hudson Gas & Electric) as well as private citizens. NORA maintains tight control of it’s structured programs at all times.
NORA will follow CDC Cleaning / Disinfecting guidelines found at:
NORA’s COVID-19 risk mitigation & operations plan includes the following procedures and rules. Note that many of these procedures are already part of NORA’s Standard Operational Protocol:
Reopen Plan: Before each event
– Registered guests will be advised they must stay home if they or anyone they were in contact with for the past 15 days is ill or is showing COVID-19 symptoms. They will receive full credit toward another class through Dec 2021.
– Guests will be required to certify they took their temperature in the morning prior to arriving at NORA. As per CDC guidance, they will be considered to have a fever if their temp is or exceeds 100.4 F (38 C) and will not be permitted to attend.
– Registration will be limited to 10 vehicles.
– Guests will be advised to bring their own 2-way radios to communicate with staff from their vehicles. If needed NORA will provide a radio.
– Restrooms and common touch surfaces (i.e. door handles, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected as per CDC guidance.
– Rental vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected as per CDC guidance.
– 2-way radios used by staff and guests will be cleaned and disinfected per CDC guidance.
Reopen Plan: During each event
– Guest temperatures will be taken for any guests who did not certify they took their temperature that morning. All staff will have their temperature taken. Anyone exhibiting a temperature over 100.4 F (38 C) will not be permitted to attend.
– All guests must wear a face covering while out of their vehicles.
– All staff must wear a face covering when within 6′ of guests and staff.
– Whenever out of vehicles, all guests who did not arrive in the same vehicle will maintain 6′ social distancing from other guests and staff.
Reopen Plan: After each event
– Restrooms and common touch surfaces (i.e. door handles, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected per CDC guidance.
– Rental vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected per CDC guidance.
– Two-way radios will be cleaned and disinfected per CDC guidance.
– Guests will not linger on the premises and will leave within 30 minutes of the end of class.
– Social distancing will remain in effect at all times.
– Staff will remain on-site until the last guest leaves.