Off-Road Driving & Vehicle Classes
NORA has 135+ 5-star reviews on Trip Advisor and Facebook.
Click the Blue Links below for more info on each class and available dates, or click to view our full calendar:
- Our Introduction to Off-Road Driving class is perfect for new 4WD owners with little or no experience. This 3 hour class covers off-road vehicle controls, spotter hand signals and driving safety. Students drive multiple laps on our obstacle courses and enjoy a trail ride on our beginner trail with guides by your side. Bring your stock (unmodified) or modified vehicle with 4-Low, or use one of our NORA rentals for an additional fee.
- Our Off-Road Driving Essentials full-day driving class focuses on core off-road driving skills and safety. We start in the morning learning topics such as 4 wheel drive systems, working with a spotter, driving terrain and safety considerations. Drivers are then acclimated to using 4-LOW via obstacle courses, then we hit the trails for 4+ hours of driving and hands-on experience on our beginner trail network. No prior off-road driving experience is needed. Stock (unmodified) & modified vehicles are welcome. 9am-4pm
Upon successful completion of this class you are invited to join the NORA Adventure Club to continue your off-road journey and put your new skills to use.
- Our Recovery Skills full-day class focuses on safe recovery techniques using winches, Hi-Lift jacks and traction aid devices. All recovery gear will be provided. Stock (unmodified) & modified vehicles welcome. If you have no off-road driving experience, we recommend taking our Off-Road Driving Essentials class first. 9am-4pm
- Our Advanced Skills full-day driving class focuses on spotting skills and technique for driving over more aggressive terrain and obstacles. 33″ tires or larger are required. Winching & vehicle recovery is likely. Our Off-Road Driving Essentials and Recovery Skills classes are prerequisites unless ok’d by NORA instructors. 9am-4pm
- Our Basic First Aid for Off-Road Driving Injuries full-day non-driving class looks at situations that have a higher than usual risk of injury. Learn safe technique to mitigate these risks sustained from winching, vehicle roll-overs, burns and more, but also learn how to treat them if they do occur with an ASHI certified first aid instructor. This class has no prerequisites and is open to students age 12 or older (minors must be accompanied by an adult). 9am-4pm
- Our Vehicle Maintenance & Confidence 3-hour non-driving class reviews basic vehicle maintenance (on pavement & off-road) and what to do with common mechanical issues (i.e. dead battery, flat tire, etc). Topics include fluids, electrical system/diagnostic scanners and tires. This class is open to everyone and highly recommended for new drivers and high school/college students.
- NORA Special Events – Our 75-acre mountain top facility is available for special events such as customer appreciation days, product launches, etc. Events open to the public are listed in this section, as well as events we are associated with at other locations.
Click the Blue Links above for more info on each class and available dates, or click to view our full calendar: