“I can’t say enough good things about NORA and their entire staff. We took their beginner class June 2016 and not only did we learn how to safely get past some obstacles we also learned so much about our Jeep and the mechanics of it. After the first class with NORA we did not just leave there with a wealth of knowledge, we felt like me made some new friends. We were absolutely right. We were graciously invited back by the staff at NORA for an amazing day of off roading fun and a food/toy drive to help their local families. We spent a few hours having fun tackling some rocks and hills while the passengers kept their eyes peeled for some wild animals and various items. Then we drove through some breath taking back roads and learn some amazing history of the area. We then ended our day with dinner at a local restaurant. This is absolutely the place to go if you want to learn how to safely go off roading from some of the nicest most professional people.” Dawn M., Facebook Review, Dec 2016
Off-Road Driving & Vehicle Classes
NORA has 200+ 5-star reviews on Trip Advisor, Facebook & Google.
Click the Blue Links below for more info on each class and available dates, or click to view our full calendar:
- Introduction to Off-Road Driving – This class is perfect for new 4WD owners with little or no experience. This 3 hour class covers off-road vehicle controls, spotter hand signals and driving safety. Students drive multiple laps on our obstacle courses and enjoy a trail ride on our beginner trail with guides by your side. Bring your stock (unmodified) or modified vehicle with 4-Low, or use one of our NORA rentals for an additional fee.
- Off-Road Driving Essentials – This full-day driving class focuses on core off-road driving skills and safety. We start in the morning learning topics such as 4 wheel drive systems, working with a spotter, driving terrain and safety considerations. Drivers are then acclimated to using 4-LOW via obstacle courses, then we hit the trails for 4+ hours of driving and hands-on experience on our beginner trail network. No prior off-road driving experience is needed. Stock (unmodified) & modified vehicles are welcome. 9am-4pm
Upon successful completion of this class you are invited to join the NORA Adventure Club to continue your off-road journey and put your new skills to use.
- Overland Fundamentals – These classes help you understand the principles of Overland Travel relating to vehicle and equipment selection, driving skills, vehicle maintenance, basic recovery, cooking gear, excursion planning and much more. Each class offers optional on-site camping for a fully immersed experience.
- Recovery Skills – This full-day non-driving class focuses on safe recovery techniques using winches, Hi-Lift jacks and traction aid devices. All recovery gear is provided as you experience classroom, workshops and on-trail simulations using NORA vehicles. 9am-4pm
- Advanced Skills – This full-day driving class focuses on spotting skills and technique for driving over more aggressive terrain and obstacles. 33″ tires or larger are required. Winching & vehicle recovery is likely. Our Off-Road Driving Essentials and Recovery Skills classes are prerequisites unless ok’d by NORA instructors. 9am-4pm
- Basic First Aid for Off-Road Driving Injuries full-day non-driving class looks at situations that have a higher than usual risk of injury. Learn safe technique to mitigate these risks sustained from winching, vehicle roll-overs, burns and more, but also learn how to treat them if they do occur with an ASHI certified first aid instructor. This class has no prerequisites and is open to students age 12 or older (minors must be accompanied by an adult). 9am-4pm
- Vehicle Maintenance & Confidence – This 3-hour non-driving class reviews basic vehicle maintenance (on pavement & off-road) and what to do with common mechanical issues (i.e. dead battery, flat tire, etc). Topics include fluids, electrical system/diagnostic scanners and tires. This class is open to everyone and highly recommended for new drivers and high school/college students.
- Off-Road Ride-A-Long Adventure – This 90-minute adventure is for small groups, families and friends. Ride along as a passenger while your driver navigates a NORA Jeep up steep hills, through tight forest trails, and over rocks & ledges at NORA’s 75-acre mountain top rugged terrain in Ellenville, NY. This adventure accommodates Adaptive guests via our transfer boarding platform.
Click the Blue Links above for more info on each class and available dates, or click to view our full calendar: